Look at you! All healthy and what not, eating fermented beans like it’s nobody’s business. I’m proud of you.
- 1 package tempeh
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp italian seasoning
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 1 tsp vegan worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- Add 2tbsp of olive oil to a large skillet and heat on medium-low until thin.
- Crumble the tempeh with your hands into the skillet to the desired texture. (Be careful not to splash the hot oil since could burn you.)
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the water and remaining 2 tbsp of oil, and stir well.
- Continue simmering on medium-low and occasionally stirring the tempeh until all or most of the water has been absorbed.
- When the water has been absorbed, add the remaining 2 tbsp of oil and stir well. Remove from heat and allow to thicken for 2-3 minutes. (If using for a dry recipe, strain liquid with a fine strainer or cheese cloth.)