You’ll never make them another way after learning this quick recipe.
- 4-6 large portabella mushroom caps
- 2-4 tbsp olive oil
- black pepper
- Preheat your broiler to low.
- Remove portabella stems and roughly dice into half inch cubes (think crouton sized).
- Layer a baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- Spread diced mushroom onto baking sheet. Brush with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Broil on low for 2-5 minutes, stirring once, or until desired texture is reached. Be sure to check on these tender morsels every 2 minutes or so, because the broiler can go from “roasted” to “smoky” to “burnt” very fast.